Wednesday, August 13, 2008 Posted by Aromalite  

I've been a little lax in my blogging and feel so ashamed!

My Etsy store aromalite.etsy.com has been getting some sales lately, so that's been keeping me busy for the past week or so. Sales are good and I'd love more of em!!

What else has been going on? Let's see...Somehow Jim talked me into joining a bowling league with him. And not just any bowling league - 10 pin! I hung up my Duckpin bowling shoes a few years ago and thought my illustrious bowling career was over. When he said he was going to join a 10 pin league down the street, I was happy for him. Then it turns out it's a mixed league, and, hey, they have an opening on a team for a man and a woman. Next thing I know we travel the 4/10 of a mile to bowl a game "Just to see if you like it...."

Mind you, the last time I bowled 10 pin, I was in highschool. I bowled one game and the ball ended up behind me more times than not. But being the good wife that I am, I gave it a go.

My first ball. Good news: it stayed in front of me. Bad news: It only took abut 2 feet before it went into the gutter. Second ball, first frame was a drastic improvement - I managed to wrangle one pin. 9 long frames later, I rounded off my first game with a pathetic 68. I can't believe I even typed that for the whole world to see.

We only planned on bowling one game, but my pride would not let me leave on the heel of a 68 game. So we tried again. I managed a few spares, and a couple REALLY good balls that should have been strikes, but unfortunately, nobody told the pins that. I was on fire if I do say so myself and closed game #2 with a somewhat respectable 117.

Before we left the lanes, I was so hyped up, I was picking out a ball, bag, and looking for the pro tour signup sheet. Luckily, the pro shop was closed and there is no women's pro tour.

When we got home, Jim called the head of the league and signed us up. Now all I need is a cool bowling nickname and to find that perfect little purple ball again...

1 comment

Michelle said...

You so made me smile with this story... now i am going to run over to the forum thread and find out how it all went :)

 
Blogger Template By Lawnydesignz